By: Zachary Lopez (ZachNews):
Source: The People’s Convoy (Information):
Needles, California: People gathered along Needles Highway bridge over Interstate 40 to support “The People’s Convoy” across United States protesting government COVID-19 pandemic mandates.
Pictures: ZachNews Photojournalist Zachary Lopez
The convoy of American truckers and people in various vehicles passed through Needles, California in the afternoon on Wednesday, February 23rd, 2022 in route to Kingman, Arizona.
People young and old held American flags and signs as semi trucks after semi trucks as well as various other vehicles honked their horn at the crowd as they went pass underneath the bridge.
Everybody showing their support for the convoy, tired of the government COVID-19 pandemic mandates, including mandates on their children.
Video: ZachNews Photojournalist Zachary Lopez
ZachNews was broadcasting live the event, but unfortunately the live feed at ZachNews on Facebook was removed; not a surprise and has happened before with other past hot topic news stories.
A second camera was set up by ZachNews using a laptop and a web camera as a backup, and was able to record the moment the convoy as they arrived into Needles, California.
Other than a few people driving by showing off their middle figure, people gathering on the Needles Highway bridge as well as along Interstate 40 in Needles, California was peaceful.
The convoy left just after 11:00 a.m. PT from Adelanto Stadium, California, and their goal is to head east across the United States to the Beltway area of Washington, District of Columbia in 11 days.
Picture: The People’s Convoy (Courtesy)
In a press release from their website, the People’s Convoy said that American truckers are launching The People’s Convoy, a peaceful and unified transcontinental movement, on Wednesday, February 23, 2022, from the Adelanto Stadium in Southern California.
Starting at 10:00 a.m., hundreds of truckers will hear words of encouragement and blessings from a group of speakers including FLCCC President Dr. Pierre Kory and Godspeak Church Pastor Rob McCoy. The truckers and blue-collar workers of the United States will be joined by freedom-loving supporters from all walks of life — frontline doctors, lawyers, first-responders, former military servicemen and women, students, retirees, mothers, fathers and children —on this peaceful and law-abiding transcontinental journey toward the east coast. The truckers encourage one and all to come out to the stadium in the heart of Adelanto, California to wish them well, see them off and join in the journey.
This convoy is about freedom and unity: the truckers are riding unified across party and state lines and with people of all colors and creeds — Christians, Muslims, Jews, Sikhs, Mormons, Agnostics, Blacks, Hispanics, Asians, Native Americans, Republican, Democrats. All individuals are welcome to participate by either attending the launch gathering — at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday February 23, at Adelanto Stadium — or by getting in their own vehicles and following the big rigs from Adelanto toward the east coast!
The message of The People’s Convoy is simple. The last 23 months of the COVID-19 pandemic have been a rough road for all Americans to travel: spiritually, emotionally, physically, and — not least —financially. With the advent of the vaccine and workable therapeutic agents, along with the hard work of so many sectors that contributed to declining COVID-19 cases and severity of illness, it is now time to re-open the country. The average American worker needs to be able to end-run the economic hardships of the last two years, and get back to the business of making bread — so they can pay their rents and mortgages and help jumpstart this economy. To that end, it’s time for elected officials to work with the blue collar and white-collar workers of America and restore accountability and liberty —by lifting all mandates and ending the state of emergency — as COVID is well-in-hand now, and Americans need to get back to work in a free and unrestricted manner.
*** The People’s Convoy is a non-partisan, trucker-led effort supported by a cross-cultural and multi-faith contingent of supporters including: ***
- Dr. Pierre Kory and the doctors of the Frontline Covid-19 Critical Care Alliance (FLCCC)
- Liberty-minded lawyers such as Tom Renz and Joey Gilbert (Gubernatorial candidate — Nevada)
- Pastors like Rob McCoy and Rick Brown of Godspeak Church
*** Transportation workers including rail workers and pilots A broad consortium of organizations including: ***
- The Unity Project
- The America Project
- Advocates for Citizens’ Rights
- U.S. Freedom Flyers
- The American Foundation for Civil Liberties & Freedom
- Faith groups from every spectrum
Newsmax and Eric Bolling have indicated they will do a ride along and live daily updates from the convoy with Maureen Steele. The Epoch Times and a variety of other journalists, media outlets and podcasters will also be embedding. Children’s Health Defense’s CHD.TV will be covering the convoy —and the activists on the ground and across the country — with live updates every day at 10 am EST at: https://live.childrenshealthdefense.org/
The convoy is being assisted by retired military personnel and security experts, who are spearheading logistics in order to ensure a 100% safe, lawful, and peaceful journey.
*** The People’s Convoy Route (Route Subject to Change): ***
- Day 1: Wednesday, February 23 Morning — Depart Adelanto Stadium, CA Evening — Arrive in Kingman, AZ for overnight stay
- Day 2: Thursday, February 24 Morning — Depart Kingman, AZ head east on 1-40, toward Lupton, AZ Evening — Arrive in Lupton, AZ for overnight stay
- Day 3: Friday, February 25 Morning — Depart Lupton, AZ on 1-40 eastbound thru New Mexico Evening — Arrive in Glenrio, TX for overnight stay
- Day 4: Saturday, February 26 Morning — Depart Glenrio, TX Evening — Arrive in Elk City, OK area for overnight stay
- Day 5: Sunday, February 27 Morning — Depart Elk City, OK area Evening — Arrive in Vinita, OK area for overnight stay
- Day 6: Monday, February 28 Morning — Depart Vinita, OK area Evening — Arrive in Sullivan, MO area for overnight stay
- Day 7: Tuesday, March 1 Morning — Depart Sullivan, MO area Evening — Arrive in Indianapolis, IN area for overnight stay
- Day 8: Wednesday, March 2 Morning — Depart Indianapolis, IN area Evening — Pause for rest in Indianapolis, IN area for overnight stay
- Day 9: Thursday, March 3 Morning — Depart Indianapolis, IN area Evening — Arrive in Cambridge, OH area for overnight stay
- Day 10: Friday, March 4 Morning — Depart Cambridge, OH area Evening — Arrive in Hagerstown, MD area for overnight stay
- Day 11: Saturday, March 5 Morning — Depart Hagerstown, MD area Evening — Arrive in the DC Beltway area
The People’s Convoy will abide by agreements with local authorities, and terminate in the vicinity of the DC area, but will NOT be going into DC proper.
Stay tuned for opportunities for elected officials and regular folks to go “Ridin’ Shotgun” with an actual trucker for a day — as well as an opportunity to bid on one seat that will be sold on our Operations Vehicle — for a similar ride-along opportunity. Details will be posted to the website soon.
*** For more information or to support the truckers, see the routes, or find out more, please go to “The People’s Convoy” website at: ***
*** For more information or to support the truckers can also be found on “The People’s Convoy” official social media at: ***
Safe travels to “The People’s Convoy” and to everybody checking out the convoy.