By: Zachary Lopez (ZachNews):
Source: Office of Governor Steve Sisolak (Information):
Nevada: Governor Steve Sisolak has announced on Friday, March 12th, 2021 that 50% capacity limits on large events and gathering will begin on Monday, March 15th, 2021 loosening COVID-19 restrictions.
The State of Nevada has given counties the green light to move forward with increased capacity limits approved by the Nevada Governor back in February 2021.
Beginning Monday, allowable capacity will increase from 35% to 50% for food and beverage establishments, gyms, gaming floors and other recreational settings.
Large gatherings allowable capacity will increase from 100 people or 35% capacity to 250 people or 50% capacity (whichever is less).
The State of Nevada also announced a streamlined process for approving large gatherings. Previously, large gatherings were allowed to take place at 20% capacity for venues with over 2,500 seats and conventions, conferences; trade shows were going to be capped at 1,000 individuals.
State guidance announced today also says if an organizer wants to host a large gathering or event with more than 250 people, they may now have up to 50% capacity if they complete and submit a Large Gathering COVID-19 Preparedness & Safety Plan Certification (“Large Gathering Certification”) Form: https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/ZIQ7CyPzP2sNO0RL8tMrRZV?domain=nvhealthresponse.nv.gov to the Department of Business and Industry and receive approval.
The new streamlined process for submission and approval of large gatherings by the State of Nevada is said to continue until local control is officially transitioned to a county, which could be no sooner than May 1st, 2021.
During this transitional period, the State of Nevada may approve large gathering certification forms through June 30th, 2021 to provide event organizers certainty in the planning and approval of their future events.
For the updated Nevada’s COVID-19 Guidance for Safe Gatherings, please check on the following link:
For more information about the COVID-19 response in Nevada, please go online to:
Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak said today via Facebook that, “NV has always been the premier destination for conventions, trade shows, tourism and so much more. As we continue our COVID-19 recovery efforts, we are working to be the safest destination for workers, their families and for our visitors. By continuing to wear face coverings, practice social distancing & following all other mitigation measures laid out in our plan, we will put more Nevadans back to work in as safe a manner as possible all while welcoming more and more business back. #InThisTogetherNV.”