By: Zachary Lopez (ZachNews):
Source: Office of the Governor of California Gavin Newsom (Information):
California: Governor Gavin Newsom has officially announced on Monday, January 25th, 2021 that the regional “Stay-At-Home” order for COVID-19 has been lifted, and will be returning to a county based COVID-19 restrictions.
The announcement came during a news briefing providing an update on the state’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The decision comes with improving trends in the rate of infections, hospitalizations and intensive care unit capacity as well as vaccinations.
California Governor Gavin Newsom said the state projects Southern California’s ICU capacity will reach 33.3% by Sunday, February 21st, 2021.
The lifting of the regional “Stay-At-Home” order will mean counties will be allow to ease rules on businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic under a county based COVID-19 restrictions.
California Governor Gavin Newsom clarified that restaurants statewide are clear to reopen for outdoor dining and with modifications.
In addition, California Governor Gavin Newsom said nail and hair salons may reopen indoors with limited capacity and masks are required for workers and customers, and that certain youth sports competitions can resume.
Other activities remain off the table such as amusement parks, indoor gyms, movie theaters, aquariums and museums.
*** Here Is What Is Changing Starting Today: ***
- Hair Salons: Open indoors with modifications.
- Retails: Open indoors at 25% capacity.
- Shopping Malls: Open indoors at 25% capacity and food courts closed.
- Nail Salons: Open indoors with modifications.
- Electrolysis: Open indoors with modifications.
- Personal Care Services (Body Waxing, Etc.): Open indoor with modifications.
- Tattooing and Piercing: Open indoors with modifications.
- Museums, Zoos and Aquariums: Outdoor only.
- Places of Worship: Outdoor only.
- Movie Theaters: Outdoor only.
- Motels and Hotels: Open with modifications.
- Gyms: Outdoor only.
- Restaurants: Outdoor only.
- Wineries: Outdoor only.
- Bars and Breweries: Remain closed.
- Family Entertainment Centers (Mini Golf, Batting Cages and Go-Kart Racing): Outdoor only.
- Cardrooms: Outdoor only.
- Non-Essential Offices: Remote work only.
- Professional Sports: No live audiences.
- Schools: Remain closed.
- Amusement Parks: Remain closed.
Hospitalizations and newly confirmed COVID-19 cases have been falling in California, and health officials are growing more optimistic that the worst of the latest COVID-19 surge is over.
More information is still coming into ZachNews.