By: Zachary Lopez (ZachNews):
Source: National Weather Service in Las Vegas, Nevada (Information):
Colorado River Tri-State: The National Weather Service in Las Vegas, Nevada issued Red Flag Warning remains in effect until 3:00 p.m. (PT) on Tuesday, October 27th, 2020.
*** Regarding Red Flag Warning: ***
The Red Flag Warning is in effect for the areas of Lake Mead NRA/Colorado River-AZ side-Lower Colorado River Valley- Lake Mead NRA/Colorado River-NV side.
For Tuesday, strong winds and low RH (Relative Humidity) for areas within and adjacent to the lower Colorado River area.
*** Affected Areas: ***
– In Arizona…Fire weather zone 101.
– In California…Fire weather zone 229.
– In Nevada… Fire weather zone 466.
*** Timing: ***
– Winds will lull tonight before increasing once again Tuesday morning.
– Relative humidity will remain critically low.
*** Wind: ***
– North wind 20 to 25 mph with gusts to 35 mph.
– Humidity: 5 to 15 percent.
– Impacts: Any fires that develop will likely spread rapidly.
*** Precautionary and Preparedness Actions: ***
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now, or will shortly. A combination of strong winds, low relative humidity, and warm temperatures can contribute to extreme fire behavior. Outdoor burning is not recommended. Heed all fire restrictions.
** More Information: National Weather Service: **
Please make sure to drive safely along the roadway and please be always on alert for any troubles, including fires; alert emergency crews and law enforcement (911) immediately if you see a fire.