News Update: Washington, DC: United States President Donald Trump continues to fight against COVID-19.

Source: White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany (Information):

Washington, District of Columbia: United States President Donald Trump continues to fight on Saturday, October 3rd, 2020 against COVID-19.

Late last Thursday, United States President Donald Trump disclosed that he and first lady Melania Trump had been diagnosed with COVID-19, and both were quarantine immediately.

Saturday night, White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany released an update from the president’s physician, which read, “I release the following information with the permission of President Donald J. Trump. President Trump continues to do well, having made substantial progress since diagnosis. This evening he completed his second dose of Remdesivir without complication. He remains fever-free and off supplemental oxygen with a saturation level between 96 and 98% all day. He spent most of the afternoon conducting business, and has been up and moving about tin, medical suite without difficulty. While not yet out of the woods, the team remains cautiously optimistic. The plan for tomorrow is to continue observation in between doses of Remdesivir, closely monitoring his clinical status while fully supporting his conduct of Presidential duties.”

Earlier, United States President Donald Trump released a video from Walter Reed Medical Center, informing the public that he felt “much better” after entering the facility and was committed to defeating the coronavirus.

“I came here, wasn’t feeling so well. I feel much better now. We’re working hard to get me all the way back. I have to be back because we still have to make America great again,” said United States President Donald Trump in the video.

United States President Donald Trump said that he was given the option of remaining at the White House in isolation at the residence, but made the decision to go to the hospital.

“I think I’ll be back soon. I look forward to finishing the campaign the way it was started and the way we’ve been doing. But this was something that happened and it’s happened to millions of people all over the world. And I’m fighting for them. Not just in the U.S. I’m fighting for them all over the world. We’re gonna beat this coronavirus or whatever you want to call it. And we’re gonna beat it soundly,” said United States President Donald Trump in the video.

In his video message, the United States President Donald Trump also expressed gratitude for Walter Reed’s medical staff, as well as for what he described as “almost a bipartisan consensus” supporting him during the difficult time.

“I just want to be so thankful for all of the support I’ve seen, whether it’s on television or reading about it. I, most of all, appreciate what’s been said by the American people, by almost a bipartisan consensus of American people — it’s a beautiful thing to see. And I very much appreciate it and I won’t forget it — promise you that. I also want to thank the leaders of the world for their condolences and their — they know what we’re going through,” said United States President Donald Trump in the video.

Trump is 74 years old and clinically obese, putting him at higher risk of serious complications from a virus that has infected more than 7 million people nationwide and killed more than 200,000 people in the United States.

In addition to the president, first lady Melania Trump tested positive for COVID-19.

On Friday, first lady Melania Trump tweeted, “Thank you for the love you are sending our way. I have mild symptoms but overall feeling good. I am looking forward to a speedy recovery.”

ZachNews and the community sends their thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery for United States President Donald Trump, first lady Melania Trump and to everybody fighting against COVID-19.

***

%d bloggers like this: