By: Zachary Lopez (ZachNews):
Needles, California: ZachNews has learned that a large pressure vessel will be haul through the community late night on Monday, February 3rd, 2020.
The large pressure vessel is coming from Paramount, California and is in route to Boulder City, Nevada along an approximately 490 route miles which includes Needles, California.
Due to this oversize and overweight load, several utility departments and companies as well as multiple local public work crews and law enforcement agencies will be helping in guiding this large pressure vessel through the community.
- The following is the route that the large pressure vessel will be hauled through Needles, California:
- The large pressure vessel is said to arrive along U.S. Route 95 near Spikes Road at around 11:00 p.m. PT.
- The large pressure vessel will head north along U.S. Route 95 passing Spikes Road to San Clemente Street.
- The large pressure vessel will turn left and head west along San Clemente Street to Clary Drive.
- The large pressure vessel will turn right and head north along Clary Drive to Lillyhill Drive.
- The large pressure vessel will turn left and head west along Lillyhill Drive to Bailey Avenue.
- The large pressure vessel will turn right and head north along Bailey Avenue to J Street.
- The large pressure vessel will turn right and head east along J Street to Interstate 40.
- The large pressure vessel will turn left and head west along the eastbound off-ramp of Interstate 40 (Exit #142) then continue heading west along eastbound Interstate 40 to Needles Highway (Exit #141).
- The large pressure vessel will turn left onto the on-ramp to eastbound Interstate 40 then turn right onto Needles Highway.
- The large pressure vessel will head north along Needles Highway over Interstate 40 then continue heading north along Needles Highway where the large pressure vessel will park in a dirt lot on the right side of the roadway near the Murl Shaver Electric Substation.
ZachNews has learned that because of the new asphalt being laid along Needles Highway as part of the Needles Highway Improvement Project, the large pressure vessel that will be hauled through Needles, California late Monday night may have to park in the dirt lot near the Murl Shaver Electric Substation for a while until permission is granted to allow the oversize heavy load to continue along the new asphalt north on Needles Highway.
The large pressure vessel will later continue heading north along Needles Highway from near Interstate 40 to Nevada State Route 163, head west along Nevada State Route 163, head north along U.S. Route 95 and head east along Business U.S. Route 93, eventually arriving at the delivery location at 244 Lakeshore Road in Boulder City, Nevada.
The move of the large pressure vessel could take several hours to get through the community; subject to change if any delays come up along the way before arriving in Needles, California, and if any obstacles get in the way during the move through the community.
Due to the wide load of the pressure vessel, there will be full street closures in both directions.
Motorists along the pressure vessel haul route should expect streets to be close as law enforcement, including the California Highway Patrol, will be escorting this large pressure vessel move through our community.
Motorists along eastbound Interstate 40 between Needles Highway (Exit #141) and J Street (Exit #142) should plan for possible traffic delays as all eastbound lanes of Interstate 40 just pass the Needles Highway (Exit #141) overpass will be close as the large pressure vessel will be heading west along eastbound lanes with law enforcement, including the California Highway Patrol, escorting and stopping all vehicles.
The public is being asked to keep a safe distance away and listen to law enforcement if told to step back away as the large pressure vessel moves through streets in our community.
ZachNews will be broadcasting live at 11:00 p.m. PT on Facebook as the Large pressure vessel gets hauled through our community.
Stay tuned to ZachNews as we all await for the large pressure vessel to come through our community.