Needles, CA: Summary and voting results from the Special Needles Personnel Commission Meeting.
A Special Needles Personnel Commission Meeting was held on Thursday, February 8th, 2018 inside the Needles City Council Chambers in Needles, California.
The Special Needles Personnel Commission Meeting was broadcast live at ZachNews on Facebook.
** Here is a summary and the voting results that occurred during the meeting: **
- Agenda Item #1:
City Clerk Jones to administer the Oath of Office to the Commissioners.
Dale Jones, City Clerk with the City of Needles, administered the Oath of Office to the new Needles Personnel Commission members Joe Payson, Linda Kidd, Terry Campbell, Janet Jernigan and Tony Fraizer.
According to the City of Needles, the Needles Personnel Commission is a new commission that will meet periodically no less than once a year to do the following:
- Act in an advisory capacity to the Needles City Council and Needles City Manager on personnel administration.
- Recommend to Needles City Council, after public hearing, the adoption, amendment, or repeal of personnel rules and regulations.
- Hear appeals of any person in the classified service relative to any suspension, demotion, or dismissal and make recommendations.
- Conduct investigation concerning conditions of employment or the administration of personnel in the municipal service and report findings to Needles City Council and/or Needles City Manager.
- Perform such other duties with reference to personnel administration not inconsistent with the Needles City Charter as Needles City Council may prescribe.
- Agenda Item #2:
Appoint a Chair and Vice Chair.
Members of the Needles Personnel Commission unanimously voted to appoint Terry Campbell as Chair and Joe Payson as Vice Chair.
- Agenda Item #3:
Set a hearing date and time (after February 20, 2018) to be held in the City Council Chambers located at 1111 Bailey Avenue for a hearing on an appeal of a personnel decision, and authorize the Secretary to the Personnel Commission to provide a ten (10) day hearing notice to the hearing parties.
Members of the Needles Personnel Commission unanimously voted to set the hearing time and date to be from 9:00am to 5:00pm PT on Friday, March 23rd, 2018.
- Agenda Item #4:
Personnel Commission orientation.
Agenda Item #4 was information only and no votes was taken by members of the Needles Personnel Commission.
**** You can view other City of Needles meetings agendas at the following City of Needles website address: ****
For more information regarding the Needles Personnel Commission Meetings, please contact Dale Jones in the City Clerk’s Office at the City of Needles at: 1 (760) 326-2113 Ext. 345.