News Update!!: Angeles Oaks, CA: Latest information on the “Lake Fire”.
ZachNews has the latest information regarding the forest fire named the “Lake Fire” that is burning in the San Bernardino National Forest that started near Angeles Oaks, California or just south of Big Bear, California at around 4:00pm PT on Wednesday, June 17th, 2015.
**** As of 7:00am PT on Sunday, July 12th, 2015: ****
** Summary: **
– According to the San Bernardino County Fire Department, the “Lake Fire” has remains at approximately 31,359 acres in size and remains at 98% percent contained.
– The behavior of the “Lake Fire” is minimal with some smoldering within the perimeter.
– Smoke may be seen from Highway 38, however it is all well inside the containment lines.
– Around 150 personnel including firefighters are battling and assigning at the “Lake Fire”.
– According to InciWeb, there have been 6 minor firefighter injuries and no deaths.
– Highway 38 has been reopened, however there are some closures still in place.
– Jenk’s Lake Loop Road and Jenk’s Lake have re-opened.
– Forest Service Campgrounds (except for Coon Creek Cabin, Coon Creek Yellow-post Sites) have re-opened.
– Organization Camps have re-opened with the exceptions of Camp TaTaPochon and Camp Laverne (open partially).
– Recreation Residences have re-opened, however owners should not stay overnight or stay when it is raining.
– The Barton Flats Visitor Center has been reopened.
**** Read the full update with more information regarding the “Lake Fire” is at the following ZachNews on WordPress website address: ****
** Stay tuned to ZachNews for more news updates with more information regarding this news story. **