Breaking News!!: Needles, CA: The 2015/2016 City of Needles Budget approved.
Members of the Needles City Council approved the 2015/2016 City of Needles Budget for the Needles Public Utility Authority and Needles City Council.
The was after discussing about the 2015/2016 City of Needles Budget during a public hearing was held during the Needles City Council and Needles Public Utility Authority Meeting on Tuesday, June 23rd, 2015 inside the Needles City Council Chambers in Needles, California
** Agenda Packet: 2015/2016 City of Needles Budget: **
**** What is the 2015/2016 City of Needles Budget: ****
** According to Needles City Manager Rick Daniels and the City of Needles: **
– This budget is a balance budget; we’re spending less then we’re taking in.
– This budget is not spending from reserve; we are adding to the reserve.
– The budget is the programmed expenditures to meet the legal requirements of the City Charter, State Law, and implement the City Councils Goals and Objectives.
– This budget includes significant changes of format and substance when compared to previous years.
– This budget maintains current service levels.
– This budget eliminates furloughs; it fully funds all full-time staff positions at a 40 hour work.
– The budget incorporates new state requirements for minimum wage and sick leave.
– This budget funds increases in general operating costs such as insurances, employee benefits, and goods and services.
– This budget, while still organized by funds and departments is the first stage of a Performance Based Program Budget whereby expenditures are organized by the costs to the various programs in each department and establishes performance standards for those programs.
** More information being added soon on this news story on ZachNews. **
For more information regarding the Needles City Council Meetings, please contact Dale Jones in the City Clerk’s Office at the City of Needles at: 1 (760) 326-2113 Ext. 345.