Needles, CA: The 6th Annual Route 66 Hot Boat, Custom Car Show, and Golf Tournament begins today.
The 6th Annual Route 66 Hot Boat, Custom Car Show, and Golf Tournament will be held on Friday, February 21st, 2014 to Saturday, February 22nd, 2014 in Needles, California.
The 6th Annual Route 66 Hot Boat and Custom Car Show is presented by TKO Motorsports and the Golf Tournament is presented by Big O Tires and NAPA Auto Parts.
** On Friday, February 21st, 2014: **
– A golf tournament, sponsored by Big O Tires and NAPA Auto Parts will be held at 8:00am PT at the River’s Edge Golf Course located at 144 Marina Drive in Needles, California.
The golf tournament cost $80.00 per person to participate and includes a continental breakfast, lunch, a golf cart, a goodie bag, and participation in the golf tournament.
Breakfast will be available before the golf tournament starting at 7:00am PT.
– A preregistration event will be held from 12:00pm to 2:00pm PT at the Wagon Wheel Restaurant located at 2420 Needles Highway in Needles, California.
T-shirts for the 6th Annual Route 66 Hot Boat, Custom Car Show, and Golf Tournament will be available at the event.
– A Route 66 Parade will be held along the historic and world famous Route 66 in Needles, California.
Participating in the Route 66 Parade is free to anyone and the Route 66 Parade will begin lining up at 3:00pm PT near the Needles KOA Campground located at 5400 National Old Trails Road in Needles, California.
The Route 66 Parade will begin rolling down the historic and world famous Route 66 at 4:00pm PT heading eastbound on National Old Trails Road to Needles Highway heading southbound then eastbound to West Broadway heading southbound then eastbound into Downtown Needles, California to ending at Santa Fe Park near the intersection of G Street and Front Street in Downtown Needles, California.
**** Traffic Alert!!: Due to the Route 66 Parade, traffic along the Route 66 Parade route may be slowed down or stopped as the Route 66 Parade rolls by. National Old Trails Road may be closed temporary just for the line up for the event and streets around Santa Fe Park in Downtown Needles, California may also be closed for the barbecue dinner event. Road closures are subject to change without notice and may be closed or reopen earlier or later depending on the organizers. Please plan ahead and if you are wanting to watch the Route 66 Parade along the route, please arrive early. ****
– A barbecue dinner event will be held also at 4:00pm PT at Santa Fe Park in Downtown Needles, California.
The barbecue dinner cost $8.00 per plate and there will be a beer garden there at the event.
** On Saturday, February 22nd, 2014: **
– The 6th Annual Hot Boat and Custom Car Show will be held at 9:00am PT at Jack Smith Park located along the Colorado River and at the end of River Road (Bridge Road) in Needles, California.
Thee will be a hot boat and custom car show, Mystery Poker Walk, vendors, food, music, beer garden, kids area, and much more including the new feature event called, “Cacklefest” which is sponsored by Hotboat.com and Pirate Cove which the event involves engines of vehicles revved.
The hot boat and custom car show winners as well as the Mystery Poker Walk winners will be announced later that day.
Daily $3.00 pre person or $10.00 per car load and kids 11 years old and under are free for the event.
For more information regarding the 6th Annual Route 66 Hot Boat, Custom Car Show, and Golf Tournament including becoming a sponsor or a vendor, contact the Needles Chamber of Commerce at: 1 (760) 326-2050.