News Update!!: Columbia, MD: Latest information regarding Saturday’s mall shooting in Columbia, Maryland.
**** Information updated as of 11:00am ET / 8:00am PT on Sunday, January 26th, 2014. ****
** Here is the latest information regarding the mall shooting inside the Mall in Columbia in Columbia, Maryland: **
The gunman in Saturday’s mall shooting inside the Mall in Columbia in Columbia, Maryland has been identified by the Howard County Police Department on the Howard County Police Department on Twitter.
The gunman is identified as 19 year old Darion Marcus Aguilar of Hollywood Road in College Park, Maryland.
Howard County Police Department have not yet established motive in the Mall in Columbia shooting and are investigating whether if Darion Marcus Aguilar knew the 2 victims.
**** Latest information from Twitter as of 11:00am ET / 8:00am PT on Sunday, January 26th, 2014. ****
– Source: Howard County Police Department on Twitter:
** From Howard County Police Department on Twitter: **
**** Latest information as of 1:30am ET on Sunday, January 26th, 2014 / 10:30pm PT on Saturday, January 25th, 2014. ****
– At around 11:15am ET Saturday, a call came in to 911 of shooting inside the Mall in Columbia located at 10300 Little Patuxent Pkwy in Columbia, Maryland.
– At around 11:17am ET Saturday, authorities surrounded the mall and as they entered the mall and got into the mall very quickly.
– Authorities were able to locate 3 people deceased from gunshot wounds; 2 people were in their early 20’s and are an adult male and adult female and a male would was later reported to be the gunman.
– At around 5:30pm ET / 2:30pm PT on Saturday, Howard County Police Department identified on the Howard County Police Department on Twitter the 2 people shot and killed in the mall shooting as 21 year old Brianna Benlolo of College Park, Maryland and 25 year old Tyler Johnson of Ellicott City, Maryland.
– The 2 people were employees at the Zumiez store inside the Mall in Columbia which sells cutting edge clothing, footwear, accessories, and gear for skateboarding, snowboarding, and surf lifestyles for guys, girls, and kids.
– At least 5 people were injured in the mall shooting, treated at Howard County General Hospital and at around 5:19pm ET / 2:19pm PT on Saturday, were all released.
– Authorities cleared everybody out of the Mall in Columbia safely and the Mall in Columbia remained closed for the rest of the day.
– Saturday evening, investigators continue to sweep through the Mall in Columbia.
– Authorities search the shooter’s bag the was found inside the store and revealed two crude devices that appeared to be an attempt at making explosives using fireworks, which were both disabled.
– Authorities are continuing a thorough search of the Mall in Columbia using K-9 Units through the night as a precaution.
– A shotgun and ammunition were found at the scene by authorities.
– Investigators have tentatively identified the gunman and are following up on investigative leads
– Authorities believe the gunman died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
– Authorities are saying that people may retrieve vehicles from the mall parking lot Saturday evening and anyone with an emergency situation related to property left inside the mall should call the mall’s Public Safety Office at: 1 (410) 730-3302.
– More information may be release at the next press conference being held on Sunday, January 26th, 2014 starting at 9:30am ET / 6:30am PT.
**** Stay tuned to ZachNews for more news updates with more information regarding this news story. ****