News Update!!: Centennial, CO: Arapahoe High School Shooting.
Here is the latest information regarding the Arapahoe High School Shooting in Centennial, Colorado:
**** Information Updated: Sunday, December 22nd, 2013 at 8:00pm PT: ****
– The student shot during a high school shoot at Arapahoe High School Shooting in Centennial, Colorado on Friday, December 13th, 2013 has passed away from her injuries.
– According to the Littleton Adventist Hospital Officials, 17 year old Claire Esther Davis passed away at around 4:29pm MT Saturday.
In a statement from the Littleton Adventist Hospital’s was published on the Littleton Adventist Hospital’s Facebook Page saying the following:
“It is with heavy hearts that we share that at 4:29 p.m. this afternoon, Claire Davis passed away, with her family at her side. Despite the best efforts of our physicians and nursing staff, and Claire’s fighting spirit, her injuries were too severe and the most advanced medical treatments could not prevent this tragic loss of life. Claire’s death is immensely heartbreaking for our entire community, our staff and our families.
The Davis family would like to thank everyone who have sent their best wishes and prayers, and are grateful for the kindness and support of the community. They know that you all are mourning with them, and again request privacy during this time of grief.
Information regarding a public celebration of Claire’s life will be announced at a future date. Please feel free to continue to leave cards for the Davis family in the Cards for Claire box, located within the main entrance of the hospital.”
Claire Esther Davis’ Family released a statement saying the following:
“It is with unspeakable sadness that we write and say that Claire has passed away from the gunshot wound she received at Arapahoe High School on December 13, 2013. Although we have lost our precious daughter, we will always be grateful for the indelible journey she took us on over the last 17 years—we were truly blessed to be Claire’s parents. The grace, laughter and light she brought to this world will not be extinguished by her death; to the contrary, it will only get stronger.
Last week was truly a paradox in that we lost our daughter, yet we witnessed the wonderful love that exists in the world through the tremendous outpouring of support we received. We’d like to take this opportunity to thank the first responders, the school resource officer, security guard and vice principal at Arapahoe High School, the Arapahoe County Sheriff’s office, and the physicians, nurses and staff at Littleton Adventist Hospital. Each played a significant role in giving Claire a chance to live, and demonstrated extreme amounts of professionalism, courage and love. Please know that we will never forget the extraordinary work you did on Claire’s behalf.
We ask that you give us time to grieve the death of our daughter by respecting our wishes for privacy.
With much loving-kindness, The Davis Family”.
**** Information Updated: Saturday, December 14th, 2013 at 11:36pm PT: ****
– The student shot during Friday’s Arapahoe High School Shooting in Centennial, Colorado was identified as 17 year old Claire Davis.
– Claire Davis is remains in critical condition at Littleton Adventist Hospital.
– Claire Davis was rushed into surgery on Friday after suffering from a gunshot wound to her head.
– ABC Affiliate KMGH Channel 7 is reporting that the father of the 17 year old girl shot at Arapahoe High School is still fighting for her life but is “not doing very well.”
In a statement released by Claire Davis’ Family on Saturday that, “Our beautiful daughter Claire Davis has severe head trauma as a result of a gunshot. She needs your continued prayers.”
** Read more about this news story at the following ABC Affiliate KMGH Channel 7 website address: **
– According to Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson, the gunman identified as 18 year old Karl Halverson Pierson, bought the gun legally at a south Denver, Colorado store on Friday, December 6th, 2013. In Colorado, anyone over the age of 18 is allowed to buy a shotgun. Only those over 21 can legally buy a handgun.
– According to Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson, the shooting was likely in retaliation against the school’s librarian identified as Tracy Murphy, who was head of the Arapahoe High School’s Speech and Debate Team.
– According to Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson, Karl Halverson Pierson entered the library after firing another shot in the hallway and then lit one of the Molotov cocktails in his backpack which started a fire in the library. Karl Halverson Pierson fire another shot in library and ran to the back corner of the library where he reportedly took his own life.
**** Information Updated: Friday, December 13th, 2013 at 11:11pm PT: ****
– Authorities have identified the suspect in the Arapahoe High School Shooting as 18 year old Karl Halverson Pierson.
– Karl Halverson Pierson was reportedly looking for and angry at the Arapahoe High School’s librarian for being kicked off the speech and debate team.
**** Information Updated: Friday, December 13th, 2013 at 3:11pm PT: ****
– According to authorities, the gunman, a student of Arapahoe High School, walked up to the high school entering on the westside of the high school at around 12:33pm MT Friday.
– The gunman was armed with a shotgun and was looking for a specific teacher that the gunman identified by name.
– The teacher that the gunman identified by name was notified and left the area safety.
– A student was shot inside the high school as the gunman was moving around the hall.
– A total of 3 students injured; a student, a young girl, was transported to reportedly Littleton Adventist Hospital in serious condition and 2 other students who have minor injuries.
– Authorities found the student who is dead by a possible self inflicted gunshot wound.
– Authorities are looking at a device possibly a molotov cocktail, but would not go into too much details.
– Students were seen being evacuated and are in lined being searched by authorizes.
Arapahoe High School is a part of Littleton Public Schools and there is 70 different classrooms in the high school which covers a 254,000 square foot area.
There is at least 2,229 students that attend the high school.
Stay tuned to ZachNews for more news updates with more information regarding this news story.