Needles, CA: Needles City Council Meeting being held on Tonight.
A Needles City Council Meeting will be held on Tuesday, December 10th, 2013 at the Needles City Council Chambers on J Street near Bailey Avenue in Needles, California.
The Needles City Council Meeting will start at 6:00pm PT with an Executive Session Meeting being held at 5:30pm PT.
**** Here is a few of the agenda items being discuss or vote on includes the following: ****
** Executive Session Agenda Items: **
– Agenda Item A: Pursuant to California Government Code 54956.9(a) – Conference with Legal Counsel – Existing Litigation – City of Needles vs. Keith Enterprises, L.C.C. (Case Number CIVNS1100085).
– Agenda Item B: Pursuant to California Government Code 54956.8 – Conference with Real Property negotiator – 710-712 West Broadway – Agency Negotiator – Needles City Manager Rick Daniels – Under Negotiation: Whether to purchase property through San Bernardino County tax sale and price and terms – Negotiating Parties: County of San Bernardino through tax sale.
** Public Appearance Items: **
– Agenda Item #1: San Bernardino County Fire Department representative will review the October 2013 Administrative Monthly Report and Fireplace Safety.
** Public Hearing Agenda Items: **
– Agenda Item #2: Public hearing noticed to consider all evidence and testimony for or against adding Chapter 9.33 to the Needles Municipal Code regarding providing accountability for Social Hosts of Minors was opened and continued open from Tuesday, November 26th, 2013.
** Consent Calendar Agenda Items: **
**** Consent Calendar: All matters listed on the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by a motion in the form listed. The City of Needles Mayor or any members of the Needles City Council may pull an agenda item from the Consent Calendar for discussion. Prior to a Needles City Council action, a member of the public may address the members of the Needles City Council on the matter scheduled on the Consent Calendar. Their is a 3 minute time limit per person applies. The recommended action was to approve Agenda Items #3 to #7 on the Consent Calendar by affirmative roll call vote. ****
– Agenda Item #3: Approve the warrants register Tuesday, December 10th, 2013.
– Agenda Item #4: Approve the Minutes of Tuesday, November 26th, 2013.
– Agenda Item #5: Accept Change Order No. 2 to Craig Plumbing Inc. for the installation of 2 deck drains in 2 location on the upper floor of the El Garces Phase II Plumbing Improvement in the amount $3,196.00.
– Agenda Item #6: Accept Change Order No. 3 to Robinson Electric Co. for the installation of electrical upgrades and additions to the Electric Improvement at the El Garces Phase II Project in the amount $12,500.00.
– Agenda Item #7: Accept the bid from WRK Acoustics in the amount of $11,233.00 for Building Acoustical Ceiling Improvements at the El Garces Phase II Project and authorize staff to issue a Notice of Award and Notice of Proceed.
** Regular Agenda Items: **
– Agenda Item #8: Resolution No. 2013-48 authorizing the purchase of the property identified as Assessor’s Parcel No. 0186-106-26-0000 (712 West Broadway – Overland Motel) via Chapter 8 Tax Sale.
– Agenda Item #9: Approve entering into a contract between the City of Needles and Chapman Financial Services of WA (Washington), Inc. to provide collection services for patient related debt due the City from the sale of Colorado River Medical Center.
**** You can read the agenda for the Needles City Council and Needles Public Utility Authority Meetings being held on Tuesday, December 10th, 2013 at the following City of Needles website address: ****
For more information regarding the Needles City Council Meetings, please contact Dale Jones in the City Clerk’s Office at the City of Needles at: 1 (760) 326-2113 Ext. 345.