Needles, CA: Needles City Council and Needles Public Utility Authority Meetings being held on Tuesday.
A Needles City Council and Needles Public Utility Authority Meetings will be held on Tuesday, November 26th, 2013 at the Needles City Council Chambers on J Street near Bailey Avenue in Needles, California.
The Needles City Council and Needles Public Utility Authority Meetings will start at 6:00pm PT with an Executive Session Meeting being held at 5:30pm PT.
**** Here is a few of the agenda items being discuss or vote on includes the following: ****
** Executive Session Agenda Items: **
– Agenda Item A: Pursuant to California Government Code 54956.9(a) – Conference with Legal Counsel Existing Litigation – City of Needles vs. Keith Enterprises, L.C.C. (Case Number CIVNS1100085).
– Agenda Item B: Pursuant to California Government Code 54956.8 – Conference with Real Property negotiator – 710-712 West Broadway – Agency Negotiator – Needles City Manager Rick Daniels – Under Negotiation: Whether to purchase property through San Bernardino County tax sale and price and terms – Negotiating Parties: County of San Bernardino through tax sale.
** Public Hearing Agenda Items: **
– Agenda Item #1: Public hearing noticed to consider all evidence and testimony for or against adding Chapter 9.33 to the Needles Municipal Code regarding providing accountability for Social Hosts of Minors.
** Needles Public Utility Authority Agenda Items: **
– Agenda Item #2: Needles Public Utility Authority: Approve the minutes of Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013 and Tuesday, November 12th, 2013.
– Agenda Item #3: Needles Public Utility Authority and Needles City Council Actions: Approve the selection of Superior Tank Solutions Inc. in the amount of $730,000.00 to rehabilitate four (4) water tanks as recommended by the Board of Public Utilities.
– Agenda Item #4: Needles Public Utility Authority and Needles City Council Actions: Approve entering into “Agreement No. 13-XX-30-W0566 between the United States of America, through the Department of Interior, Bureau of Reclamation, and the City of Needles, California for the funding of design and construction of the Lower Colorado Water Supply Project (L.C.W.S.P.) Stage II” allowing for the full capacity of 10,000 acre-feet of Lower Colorado Water Supply Water to be pumped to satisfy Public Law 109-103.
** Consent Calendar Agenda Items: **
**** Consent Calendar: All matters listed on the Consent Calendar are considered to be routine and will be enacted by a motion in the form listed. The City of Needles Mayor or any members of the Needles City Council may pull an agenda item from the Consent Calendar for discussion. Prior to a Needles City Council action, a member of the public may address the members of the Needles City Council on the matter scheduled on the Consent Calendar. Their is a 3 minute time limit per person applies. The recommended action was to approve Agenda Items #5 to #11 on the Consent Calendar by affirmative roll call vote. ****
– Agenda Item #5: Approve the warrants register through Tuesday, November 26th, 2013 including payment of hospital bills for $3,098.00, Slovak, Baron, Empey; $4,237.50, Slovak, Baron, Empey; $5,654.00, CPSI and $0.40 (Forty Cent) to CPSI.
– Agenda Item #6: Approve the Minutes of Tuesday, October 22nd, 2013 and Tuesday, November 12th, 2013.
– Agenda Item #7: Authorize the Needles City Clerk to publish a public notice of vacancies on various Boards and Commissions due to expiration of terms as of Tuesday, December 31st, 2013.
– Agenda Item #8: Authorize staff to transfer balance of the Centennial Fund totaling $1,750.00 to the Needles Youth Development and Education Foundation (N.Y.D.E.F.).
– Agenda Item #9: Accept the bid from Leo-s A-C in the amount of $98,700.00 for Painting Improvements at the El Garces Renovation Project Phase II and authorize staff to issue a Notice of Award and Notice of Proceed.
– Agenda Item #10: Accept the bid from Leo-s A-C in the amount of $11,500.00 for Sealant and Caulking Improvements at the El Garces Renovation Project Phase II and authorize staff to issue a Notice of Award and Notice of Proceed.
– Agenda Item #11: Waive the reading and adopt Resolution No. 2013-47 authorizing the transfer of AT&T’s interest in a Lease Agreement and the Site to an AT&T Subsidiary and ultimately, to a subsidiary of Crown Castle International Corporation.
** Regular Agenda Items: **
– Agenda Item #12: Resolution No. 2013-48 authorizing the purchase of the property identified as Assessor’s Parcel No. 0186-106-26-0000 (712 West Broadway – Overland Motel) via Chapter 8 Tax Sale.
**** You can read the agenda for the Needles City Council and Needles Public Utility Authority Meetings being held on Tuesday, November 26th, 2013 at the following City of Needles website address: ****
For more information regarding the Needles City Council Meetings, please contact Dale Jones in the City Clerk’s Office at the City of Needles at: 1 (760) 326-2113 Ext. 345.