News Update!!: Banning, CA: A wildfire near Banning, California continues to burns into the night.
** Updated at 11:00pm PT on Wednesday, August 7th, 2013: **
A wildfire burning near of Banning, California continues to grow bigger well damaging more properties.
**** Wildfire Information: ****
– The wildfire named, “Silver Fire.”
– The wildfire was reported at around 3:05pm PT on Poppet Flats Road.
– The wildfire has burned over 6,000 acres and no containment.
– The wildfire is at no containment.
**** Brush Fire Location: ****
– The wildfire was burning south of Banning, California and east of Highway 243.
– As of 9:00pm PT Wednesday night, the wildfire is reportedly can be seen from Interstate 10.
– The wildfire was moving east with the help of windy conditions.
**** Emergency Evacuations: ****
– Mandatory evacuations orders have been issued for the Edna Valley as of 9:00pm PT Wednesday night.
– Mandatory evacuations orders have been issued for the California communities of Poppet Flats, Twin Pines, Vista Grande, and Silent Valley.
– So far, around 1,600 people have been evacuated due to the wildfire.
**** Emergency Evacuation Centers: ****
– The American Red Cross has opened emergency evacuation centers at the following locations:
** Hemet High School located at 41701 Stetson Avenue in Hemet, California. **
** Beaumont High School located at 39139 Cherry Valley Blvd in Beaumont, California. **
– An evacuation center for animals is set up at San Jacinto Valley Animal Campus located at 581 South Grand Ave in San Jacinto, California.
– Shadow Hills RV Resort evacuees with RVs can stay at the resort for free until the fire is contained.
– The Shadow Hills RV Resort is located at 40-655 Jefferson Street in Indio, California.
**** Wildfire Damages: ****
– Between 10 to 12 structures have been damaged.
– Some of the damaged structures were reportedly homes.
**** Wildfire Injuries: ****
– 2 firefighters was injured.
– A civilian was injured and burned from the wildfire.
– The extent of the injuries was not immediately known.
**** Personal and Equipment Battling the wildfire: ****
– Around 450 firefighters, 5 helicopters, 4 air tankers, 14 fire department crews, 2 bulldozers, and 71 fire department trucks are there battling this wildfire.
– The Riverside County Fire Department is working with several other agencies in battling this wildfire which includes the Bureau of Land Management, CAL FIRE of Riverside, California, California Highway Patrol of Indio, California, March Air Reserve Base, Morongo Fire Department, Riverside County Fire Office Of Emergency Services, Riverside County Sheriff’s Department Office and the United States Forest Service of San Bernardino, California.
**** Cause of the wildfire: ****
– The cause of the wildfire was not immediately determined and is under investigation.
**** Air Quality Alert!!: ****
– Smoke form the wildfire is blowing into the Palm Springs, California area.
– If you can see the wildfire, the air quality
**** Weather Alert!!: Weather Conditions In The Brush Fire Area: ****
– Thursday: Sunny, High 86*F. West wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
– Thursday Night: Clear, Low 59*F. Southwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
– Friday: Sunny, High 85*F. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
– Friday Night: Clear, Low 62*F. West wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph.
** More weather condition information for this area at the following National Weather Service website address: **
** Weather radar information for this area at the following National Weather Service website address: **
**** Traffic Alert!!: Roads, Highways, and Interstates Closures In The Brush Fire Area: ****
– Highway 243 is closed due to the wildfire between Banning and Azalea Trail in Poppet Flats.
** Stay tuned to ZachNews for news updates with more information regarding this news story. **