Breaking News!!: Idyllwild, CA: More evacuations due to a wildfire burning near Idyllwild, California.
The Riverside County Sheriff in cooperation with Idyllwild Fire Protection District has issued an evacuation notice for the Idyllwild and Fern Valley area.
This does not include Pine Cove, Mountain Center, and Poppet Flats.
This Evacuation notice also includes the San Jacinto State Park Wilderness, Forest Service Wilderness and Forest Service Campgrounds.
The Trails End Community at the very top of Morris Ranch Road is under an immediate Evacuation Notice!
A wildfire being called the, “Mountain Fire” continues to burn Tuesday in the mountains near Idyllwild, California.
The wildfire has burned 19,400 acres and is at 15 percent contained as of 8:00pm PT on Wednesday evening.
**** Emergency Evacuation Shelters: ****
– The American Red Cross has opened a shelter at Hemet High School located at 41701 East Stetson Avenue in Hemet, California.
– The American Red Cross has also opened a shelter at Hamilton High School located at 57430 Mitchell Road in Anza, California which can accept small animals.
– Small animals can be brought to the SanJacinto Animal Shelter located at 581 South Grand Avenue in San Jacinto, California.
– A large and small animal shelter has been opened at Lake Hemet Campground located at 56570 Highway 74 in Mountain Center, California.
** Wildfire Contact Information: **
– Individuals or groups with overnight or advance day use permits into the San Jacinto Wilderness are advised to call the San Jacinto Ranger Station at: 1 (909) 382-2921.
** Traffic Alert!!: Wildfire Road, Highways, and Interstate Closures: **
– Highway 243 is closed between Saunders Meadow Road and the junction of Highway 74, but highway 74 remaisn open.
– The Pacific Crest Trail is closed from Highway 74 north to Saddle Junction.
– All of the trails connection to the Pacific Crest Trail are closed as well, including South Ridge Trail, Carumba Trail, Spitler Peak Trail, Fobes Trail, and Cedar Springs.
– Hurkey Creek County Camground, and all of the hiking and mountain biking trails out of Hurkey creek and May Valley are closed.
– United States Forest Service areas south of Highway 74 remain open (Thomas Mountain, Santa Rosa and the Forest Service Day Use Area along Lake Hemet).
** Visitors should remain cautions when driving; Air quality is not good in some of these areas. **
** To access the areas of Pine Cove and Idyllwild as well as areas west on Highway 243, you can take Highway 243 to those areas. **
**** Stay tuned to ZachNews for news updates with more information regarding this news story. ****