Needles, CA: Needles City Council and Needles Public Utility Authority held public hearing on Needles City Budget.
During the Needles City Council and Needles Public Utility Authority Meeting held on Tuesday, June 11th, 2013 in Needles, California, a public hearing noticed to consider all evidence and testimony for or against adoption of the proposed 2013-2014 Budget for both the Needles City Council and Needles Public Utility Authority.
**** Fiscal Impact: Following the Budget Workshop Meeting held on Tuesday, May 28th, 2013, the following changes and adjustments were made: ****
** Needles Public Utility Authority: **
– Water Asset Replacement Fund was used to partially fund the higher then normal FY 2014 expenditures and capital requests.
– A portion of Water’s capital expenditures will be requested from Zion Trust.
– A rate increase of $3.00 month per water customer was added to revenue, for budgeting purposes only. The Utility Board will have to decide what actual rate increase to apply.
– Electric added in $300,000 in projected revenue, in the event a cap and trade penalty is incurred, as this penalty would be passed on to customers.
** City of Needles: **
– The request for demolition money of $85,000 has been removed.
** Demolition money was reportedly for the Overland Hotel in Downtown Needles, California. **
– Money was added in for a marking consultant to be spread one half to Utilities and one half between the General fund and Hospital.
– The Bashas Grocery Store’s liability of $200,000 is in the budget, but remains unfunded.
Members of the Needles Public Utility Authority voted 6 to 1 to approved this agenda item well members of the Needles City Council reportedly continued the public hearing to the next Needles City Council Meeting.
** More information regarding this agenda item at the following City of Needles website addresses: **