Needles, CA: A meeting was held Thursday night inside the Rivers Edge Bar and Grill at the Rivers Edge Golf Course to plan for the for Needles’ 100th Centennial Celebration in October 2013.
The meeting was put together by Cindy Semione of the City of Needles Community Development Department and Jan Jernigan of the Needles Downtown Business Alliance took charge of the Needles’ 100th Centennial Celebration meeting.
** Some of the ideas being talked about at Thursday night’s meeting are as follows: **
– Have all media promote the Needles’ 100th Centennial Celebration were suggested to the group.
– Downtown Business Alliance Jan Jernigan wanting the Needles Desert Star newspaper will be one of the main advertisers to promote the Needles’ 100th Centennial Celebration and have the Needles Desert Star newspaper post old articles from Needles’ past.
– Have some sure of a dance or dinner event possible on a Friday night.
– Having a grand opening tour of the El Garces Railroad Station schedule to be finish and open in October 2013.
– Possibly having a week of events related to the Needles’ 100th Centennial Celebration.
– Having a car show.
– Having a parade.
– Having a barbecue.
– Having carnival and kids activities.
– Having Needles’ 100th Centennial Celebration souvenirs such as t-shirts and wooden nickels with possibly the Route 66 icon on them.
– Put overhead banners over streets promoting the Needles’ 100th Centennial Celebration.
– Talk to Fort Mojave Indian Tribal Chairman Timothy Williams to have the Fort Mojave Indian Tribal get involved.
– Get local business support.
** Ideas talked about the Needles’ 100th Centennial Celebration meetings are not permanent and are just ideas until a final discussion is made. **
City of Needles Mayor Edward Paget and his wife Jan Paget also came to participate in the Needles’ 100th Centennial Celebration meeting.
The next Needles’ 100th Centennial Celebration meeting is being planned to happen in the middle of December 2012 with more talks about what is being plan out during next week’s Needles Downtown Business Alliance (NDBA) meeting.