Needles, CA: The Needles City Council during a special meeting held Wednesday afternoon unanimously voted for Bing Lum and Community Healthcare Partner Inc.
The Needles City Council hearing all testimonies for and against the sale of Colorado River Medical Center as well as making some modifications to the asset purchase agreement by and between Community Healthcare Partner Inc., a California Nonprofit Corporation, the City of Needles, and Needles Municipal Hospital (Colorado River Medical Center) in Needles, California.
After over 4 hours discussing, modifying, and some arguing over the sale of Colorado River Medical Center, members of the Needles City Council voted to approve Resolution No. 2012-36 with the modifications to the asset purchase agreement by and between Community Healthcare Partner Inc., a California Nonprofit Corporation, the City of Needles, and Needles Municipal Hospital (Colorado River Medical Center).
** Some of the modifications listed to be made to the asset purchase agreement are as follows: **
– The sell price will be: $2,577,000.00
– 100% of the meaningful use funds to the Seller.
– Proof of funds provided by Tuesday, September 25th, 2012 in a form acceptable to the Seller.
– There will be a joint meeting of the Board of Hospital Trustees and the Needles City Council on Tuesday, September 25th, 2012 to determine whether or not that if the funds are acceptable.
– Closing will be on Thursday, January 3rd, 2013 at 5:00pm PT or contract terminates unless the parties agree to an extension.
– Adding Emergency Room, Radiology, and Respiratory Therapy services to Section 11.12b.
– The sale and ending will be condition upon all Board Members and the Buyer make resident of Needles, California prior to closing on Thursday, January 3rd, 2013.
**** (News Alert!!!: A news update with more information regarding the modifications made to the asset purchase agreement may be posted later on ZachNews.) ****
**** Correction Alert!!!: ****
On the Special Meeting Needles City Council Agenda, a correction had to be made to Item #2 on the Special Meeting Needles City Council Agenda dated Wednesday, August 22nd, 2012.
Dale Jones at the City Clerk’s Office informed the Needles City Council as well as the public to the correction that was made to Item #2; “Resolution No. 2012-35” was changed to, “Resolution No. 2012-36”.
After the Needles City Council unanimously vote, members of the public came up to Bing Lum of AM Pharmacy and Community Healthcare Partners to congratulating him.
The overall feeling in the Needles City Council Chambers was split, but many in the crowd hope that whoever buys Colorado River Medical Center, that they can help move the hospital forward, bring new services needed for the community, and continue to provide services to the people of Needles, California.
For more information, please contact Dale Jones at the City of Needles, City Clerk’s Office at: 1 (760) 326-2113 Ext. 345
ZachNews is collecting more information as well as awaiting more information on the modifications made to the asset purchase agreement during the Special Meeting of the Needles City Council.
ZachNews will have a news update as soon as we receive that information.
ZachNews is also working on the over 4 hour long video and is trying to work on posting the full video onto ZachNews Channel on YouTube. Stay tuned to ZachNews for news updates to when the Special Meeting of the Needles City Council video is posted.