Aurora, CO: Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper announced on Tuesday that a fund set up at GivingFirst.org to help the victims and survivors of the deadly movie theater massacre at the Century 16 Movie Theaters in Aurora, Colorado has reached $2 million dollars.
“We are very grateful and encouraged by the support so far for the victims in Aurora,” said Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper. “The needs will be great and we look forward to seeing the fund grow exponentially. This money will help those impacted by this tragedy begin to recover and rebuild their lives.”
Warner Bros., the studio behind the new Batman movie, “The Dark Knight Rises”, has made a large donation to charities supporting the victims of the deadly movie theater massacre in Aurora, Colorado.
Tuesday also brings news of a new baby as a father shot during the deadly movie theater massacre in Aurora, Colorado remains in critical condition.
According to CBS affiliate KCNC Channel 4 in Denver, Colorado, the baby of a man critically injured in the shooting was born at University of Colorado Hospital on Tuesday morning. Hospital officials said Hugo Jackson Medley was born at 7:11am MT and that he and his mother Katie are doing well.
** You can read more about this news story at the following website: **
– CBS affiliate KCNC Channel 4 in Denver, Colorado:
“Baby Is Born As Father Shot During Movie Remains Critical.”
The news is comes a day after the face of evil appeared in court Monday morning at the Arapahoe County District Court in Centennial, Colorado.
The suspect, 24 year old James Eagen Holmes was seen walking into court wearing red hair coloring and appeared to be dazed and almost falling asleep.
During a news conference outside of the courtroom on Monday, Arapahoe County District Attorney Carol Chambers told the media that the legal proceedings against theater shooting suspect James Holmes are, “not a slam dunk.”
“In a case like this, the investigation doesn’t stop. It will continue right up to the trial,” said Arapahoe County District Attorney Carol Chambers.
Arapahoe County District Attorney Carol Chambers said that the trial could begin within a year.
“If a death penalty is sought, that’s a very long process” that would require interviews with hundreds of victims and witnesses and “could impact people’s lives for years,” said Arapahoe County District Attorney Carol Chambers.
A final decision on whether to seek the death penalty “will be made within 60 days of the suspect’s arraignment,” said Arapahoe County District Attorney Carol Chambers.
The public defender Daniel King who is representing The 24 year old suspect declined comment after the hearing.
The district attorney’s office plans to file formal charges on the 24 year old suspect on Monday, July 30th, 2012.
The 24 year old suspect is being held without bail and is in isolation at the Arapahoe County Jail in Centennial, Colorado.
12 people were killed and 59 people were injured in the shooting massacreinside the Century 16 Movie Theaters in Aurora, Colorado last Friday night of July 20th, 2012.
If you would like to help the victims and survivors of the deadly movie theater massacre at the Century 16 Movie Theaters in Aurora, Colorado, please go to GivingFirst.org to donate to nonprofits supporting the victims and families of the deadly movie theater massacre.
Stay tuned to ZachNews for more updates regarding the Deadly Movie Theater Massacre at the Century 16 Movie Theaters in Aurora, Colorado.