News Update!!: Needles, CA: Needles City Council Supports Needles Hospital Inc.’s Purchase Offer on the Sale of the Hospital.
After years of debating over who was more qualified to run Colorado River Medical Center, the Needles City Council voted 3-2 in support of Needles Hospital Inc.’s purchase offer on the hospital.
City of Needles Mayor Edward Paget made the tie breaking vote in favor of Needles Hospital Inc.
** Video from ZachNews: **
City of Needles Mayor Edward Paget won in a drawing to in the discussions on the sale of the hospital during the Needles City Council and Board of Hospital Trustees Meeting which was held on Tuesday, November 22nd, 2011.
** Needles City Council Motion: **
– First Motion/ Motion Made By: Needles City Councilmember Frazier **
– Motion To: “Take the action of the Hospital Board of Trustees Municipal Hospital to accept Needles Hospital Inc.’s Proposal Number 2 for the purchase of the hospital known as Colorado River Medical Center on 1401 Bailey Avenue, subject to a mutually acceptable agreement agreed to the City and Needles Hospital Inc.” Motion Seconded by: Needles City Councilmember Campbell.
** Needles City Council Voting Results: **
* Needles City Councilmember: Jim Lopez: Excused
* Needles City Councilmember: Linda J. Kidd: Excused
* Needles City Councilmember: Tony Frazier: Yes
* City of Needles Mayor: Edward Paget: Yes ** (Tie Breaker Vote) **
* Needles City Councilmember: Terry Campbell: Yes
* Needles Vice Mayor: Pat Murch: No
* Needles City Councilmember: Shawn Gudmundson: No
** 3 Yes and 2 No. **
** Motion: Passed. **
You can watch the video of the Needles City Council’s Voting on Item #5 related to the purchase of the hospital at ZachNews on YouTube.
For More Information, Please Contact Dale Jones at the City Clerk’s Office – City of Needles at: 1 (760) 326-2113 Ext. 345.