News Update: Needles, CA: Residential structure fire burning at 411 D Street was caused by a lit candle.

By: Zachary Lopez (ZachNews):

Source: San Bernardino County Fire Department (Information):

Needles, California: The San Bernardino County Fire Department has released the cause of the residential structure fire that occurred along D Street near Downey Street that occurred at around 12:55 a.m. PT on Thursday, March 24th, 2011.

Deputes from the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department’s Colorado River Station were the first on scene and evacuated the 3 occupants of the home at 411 D Street.

Firefighters were battling a acre and a half brush fire about 2 ½ miles north of Park Moabi Regional Park when the call came in and responded.

Firefighters arrived and began battling the two alarm fire totaled the home with heavy smoke seen for miles around the community.

Fire crews had to evacuate the neighboring homes around the fire; fire crews protecting the neighboring homes.

Outgoing and Retired San Bernardino County Fire Battalion Chief Larry Busby told ZachNews that two of the three occupants went by personal vehicle to Colorado River Medical Center; one person was complaining of trying in the chest area.

Sadly, the occupants dog did not make it out and died in the fire.

Residents were later allowed to return to their homes after the fire was put out.

According to the San Bernardino County Fire Department, the fire was caused by a lit candle.

Incoming and New San Bernardino County Fire Battalion Chief Keith Petersen ask everyone to please check their smoke detectors to keep their families safe.

***

%d bloggers like this: